Is the used Volkswagen Polo a good hatchback?
The Volkswagen Polo is a well built , premium hatchback. The car was launched in 2010 with a 1.2 litre diesel engine. In 2014, the car got a new 1.5 litre four cylinder diesel engine. The price for the new car starts from Rs. 6.08 lacs.
The 1.2 litre engine is now available from Rs. 3 lacs which is a good bargain. The 1.2 diesel has a mileage of 14 kmpl in the city and 18 kmpl on highways.
The Polo is a strudy car which is built to last , boot space is good but the back seat is a bit cramped. So if you are always going to use this car to chug around your family than do make a point to check this point out.
Points to keep in mind before you buy a used Volkswagen Polo :
- Check the car for excessive vibrations, this is a sign of worn engine mounts. This is possible when the car is driven more than 25000 km. Replacing the same will cost around Rs. 20000.
- Check the fuel injectors by accelerating hard and see if the car jerks around 2000 rpm. If the fuel injectors are not working properly and need to be replaced than you are better off not buying the car. One fuel injector costs Rs. 8000. Also be sure to get this checked from an authorised service station.
- The Exhaust Gas Re-circulation (EGR) valve needs to be replaced aftere 30000 km. So check in the service history whether the same has been done or not.
- The Polo's ABS sensors are known to fail and replacing it is expensive.
- Minor service costs Rs. 8000 and major service costs Rs. 16000.