Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd launched its highly-anticipated new SUV, the XUV300 (pronounced as XUV 3 double ‘Oh’) at an ex-showroom starting price of Rs. 7.90 lac for the Petrol W4 variant and Rs. 8.49 lac for the Diesel W4 variant (one price applicable across India).
The XUV300’s head-turning, cheetah-inspired design, ‘fun-to-drive’ performance, best-in-segment safety features, first-in-segment hi-tech features and class-defining interiors, make it an exciting & comprehensive package. It will be available in both petrol and diesel engine options.Based on the X100 platform of SsangYong, the XUV300 is a true blue global product which combines Korean technology with Indian innovation and finesse
The XUV300 comes in 3 variants W4, W6 and W8, and one optional pack on the W8 variant. It is available in 6 monotone colours & 2 dual tone colours: Red Rage, Aqua Marine, Sunburst Orange, Pearl White, Napoli Black, D-Sat Silver, Dual Tone White roof on Red Rage and Aqua Marine (only on W8 optional pack).
According to Anand Mahindra, Chairman, Mahindra Group “The XUV brand when launched in 2011 was an inflection moment in our automotive journey. Today, as we launch the XUV300, we take the aspirational levels higher.
Speaking at the launch, Dr. Pawan Goenka, Managing Director, M&M Ltd. said “The XUV300 is our latest offering in the next generation of aspirational Mahindra vehicles, after the Marazzo and the Alturas G4. XUV300 represents a bold new direction for our automotive products,
Rajan Wadhera, President, Automotive Sector, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., mentioned, “The XUV300 is poised to emerge as a winner in the compact SUV segment with its unmatched safety features, impressive drivability & ride comfort, many segment-first hi-tech features, luxurious space to seat 5 people and best-in-segment fit and finish.”
The XUV300 is a potent combination of cheetah-inspired design and breath-taking performance which make it one of the most exciting SUVs you’ll find on Indian roads.The XUV300 offers the perfect balance of comfortable ride and confident handling for unbridled driving pleasure.
1. 1.5L Turbo Diesel engine with electronic variable geometry charger: 85.8KW (115 BHP) power & 300 NM torque.1.2L Turbo Petrol engine: 81KW (110 BHP) power & 200 NM torque
2. 6-speed transmission
3. First-in-segment Smart Steering System: 3 steering modes allow you to customise the steering effort to suit your driving requirements.
The XUV300 offers Best-in-Segment safety features.
1. First-in-segment 7 airbags including a knee airbag, dual-front, side and curtain airbags
2. First-in-segment* disc brakes on all 4 wheels (*Among Sub 4 meter Compact SUVs).
3. First-in-segment front parking sensors
4. First-in-segment heated ORVMs
5. Electronic stability program with Dynamic Steering Torque, Hydraulic Brake Assist, Roll-over Mitigation and Traction Control. Together with Hill Start Assist.
6. ABS & EBD standard across all variants
7. Front & rear fog lamps
8. ISOFIX child seat mounts
9. Tyre-tronics (tyre pressure & temperature monitoring system)
10. Seat belt reminder for all seats
11. 3-point seat belt on all seats